There has been an influx of anime episodic posts from me, and I think I should clear up what series will be reviewed by myself this season and give a little explanation:
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - A no brainer for me. I've enjoyed a considerable portion of the manga and I've been very impressed with what David Productions have done with the anime thus far. Incidentally, ShonenBeat will also be contributing to the posts, making this a first for Anime Aura in that you can read two people opinions, if you have the time. ShonenBeat isn't acquainted with the manga like I am, so his perspective is different. Read what he thought on the first and second episodes.
- PSYCHO-PASS - I've blogged one noitaminA series each season this year and my pick this season goes to PSYCHO-PASS. I chose this series over Robotics; Notes due to preference and that the latter series is hard to blog (I couldn't even write a first impressions post that had any viable content).
- Bakuman 3 - Bakuman is one of those series that won't get the attention it deserves and I'm okay with that. The anime doesn't do the manga justice but I still want to blog this series and eventually see what J.C. Staff plans to do with it.
- Shin Sekai Yori - A little confusing at the beginning but this series is getting better and with the news of it being 25 episodes long, I've become more interested as to what to expect next.
- Zetsuen no Tempest - This is a series with a lot of different genres and literature mixed in and it works. There is a lot of potential and when I consider how long BONES' shonen manga adaptations tend to be, there is potential for an interesting story to evolve into something better.
- Magi - I don't think Magi will end up as a really long-running shone but it will run for a while. I'm a huge fan of the manga and whilst I'm not sold yet that the anime will be as terrific, I want to see it through.
It should be pointed out that all the series above are 2-cour or more. I've chosen this many series because history tells me the Winter season is always weaker and thus, this guarantees I'll have some interesting series to blog from January to March. There are a few single cour anime I'm blogging of course:
- K - This could be the next Guilty Crown, especially after episode 2.
- Jormungand PO - It doesn't feel right not to blog this when I don't know the conclusion of the series.
- Kamisama Hajimemashita - Shojo #1 is very funny.
- Sukitte Ii na yo. - Shojo #2 is a very nice romance.
- Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - Shojo #3 is my favourite.
- Code Breaker - The least exciting of the shonen's this season but it's only 1-cour.
Other things to note:
- ShonenBeat is still covering Sword Art Online.
- I'm still doing the Weekly Shonen Jump Issue Reviews and the Monthly Manga Review, but all others (Weekly Manga Recap, New Manga in Spotlight) will be put on hold for now.
- All other Fall series are not being covered and a few haven't had first episode reviews. This won't change.